Before you can start racing this is a list of things you will need to do, to obtain your first race licence to get on the grid to do your first race.
- Visit the Motorsport UK website and purchase their “Go Racing Starter Pack ARDS” The cost of your first years licence is included in the cost of the pack. Click Here to Purchase.
- Once you have received the pack, it will contain all the information you need to revise for your ARDS Test. The ARDS test is both Practical and Theory and will be on the same day.
- The ARDS test is reasonably straight forward. However if you have never been on track before, it would be advisable to do at least one track day, on the track that you are doing your ARDS test to familiarize yourself with the track. You will also need to learn about the flags and race rules for the theory part of the test.
- Book your ARDS Test at your local track. They run ARDS tests at most track days, you will need to check with the trackday provider when booking. You can contact your local Race Circuit for information and arrange a date to do your test in either your own road car or hire one of the circuits track cars. For more information and booking with MSV click here.
- You will need to first visit an optician to have an eye test and then your doctor for a medical. They must both fill in their relevant part on your application form.
- When you have complete your first licence form, to race in The Focus Cup you require a “National Race Licence”.
If all this seems a little confusing, please contact us for advice in obtaining your Motorsport UK Competition Licence